- Volunteer to drive and/or chaperone for exciting field trips.
- Be and/or support the classroom representative for your child’s class.
- Volunteer to help with special events.
- Bring in needed items for special events or weekly snack.
- Share special skills or abilities (i.e., storytelling, music/arts, carpentry, trailer/truck for moving and hauling, etc.).
- Fill out teacher / school evaluations in the spring and return them promptly.
- Work and communicate often with your child’s teacher (and administration, too!).
- Help spread the word…Referrals from parents (past and current) and friends are the best way to attract new students. Get informational brochures from the office to give to friends as needed.
- Collect school box tops
- Sign up for a Meijer card; a percentage of your purchases go to RFS! Sign up friends and neighbors as well. The more we have signed up, the more we benefit. Our number is 730342.
- Be ready and be involved in parent fundraisers: our Parent fundraiser is the Readathon in February. You will also receive information regarding annual fundraising initiatives.
- Serve on the parent fundraising committee or one of the board working groups below:
RFS Parent Committee: This committee is composed of a parent representative from each class and others interested in helping with special events and parent fundraising initiatives.
Development/Fundraising Committee: This group tackles the important task of Annual Giving, securing scholarships, pursuing major gifts and stewardship efforts.
Recruitment and Marketing Committee: This group focuses on advertising and marketing initiatives to increase community understanding, support, and enrollment.
Curriculum Enhancement Committee: A group of educators who assist us in planning the professional development opportunities for our faculty and help us continue to research and pursue innovations that enhance our curriculum.
Administration Committee: This group deals with daily logistics involved with running the school (administration, maintenance, safety, policies, etc.)
Finance Committee: These folk handle finances related to our financial aid/scholarship awards, billing, and budgets.
**Board working groups and special adhoc committees are made up of RFS Board Members and other RFS/Richmond community members who have specific interest or expertise in related areas. They generally meet once a month; please consider helping!