Richmond Friends School (PreK-8) seeks an experienced, visionary educational leader to serve as new Head of School. Richmond Friends School (Indiana) graduates are life-long learners and compassionate citizens committed to making the world a better place. In the past 8 years the school’s student population has doubled to more than 80 students. Application deadline January 6, 2020. See full listing here: RFS Head of School Statement of Opportunity
Who Should Apply?
The headship of Richmond Friends School represents a unique career opportunity for a creative and visionary educational leader. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following attributes:
- Community builder who will lead in the spirit of Quakerism.
- Unifying leader who is committed to inclusion, diversity, and equality.
- Leader with expansive goals and a commitment to academic excellence and the development of the whole child.
- Inspiring, motivating leader with the ability to articulate a compelling vision.
- Compassion, patience, kindness, empathy, and personal humility.
- The willingness and ability to be an effective decision-maker and hold members of the community accountable to Richmond Friends School’s values and policies.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Appreciation and support for Quaker principles, decision-making, and education.
- Significant and relevant teaching experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in curriculum writing, planning, and review.
- Cultural and racial competency, including experience in equity, inclusion, and anti-bias work.
- Excellent administrative and managerial skills, including the ability to hire equitably, mentor and evaluate effectively, and enforce standards of accountability.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills, including the ability to be clear, direct, authentic, and open to the ideas of others.
- Administrative experience, including budgeting, fundraising, and public relations.
- Financial acumen.
- Technological fluency as it relates to school operations, including the
use of standard office software, and knowledge of and/or capacity to learn key educational software products.
Preference will be given to applications received by January 6th, 2020.
Please send one (1) file to RFSHeadSearch@gmail.com including:
- Cover letter
- Statement of educational philosophy and leadership
- List of three references with contact information (references will not be contacted until the candidate is notified)
Richmond Friends School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic community and strongly encourages applications from people of color, LGBTQ+ candidates, and women.
Our PreK-K classroom is full of life! RFS is seeking an eager educator ready to engage these young minds. Learn more about the PreK-K classroom by clicking HERE, or read through the job expectations in the RFS PreK-K Teacher Assistant Posting!
Love being around students? Eager to put your teaching skills to work in a creative, supportive environment? Send a cover email and resume to Marcie Roberts, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are eager to add energetic community members to our list of substitute teachers!